Mar 15, 2009

Blogging for Profits! Who said talk was cheap?

In this day of Social Networking I have to wonder how advertisers would jump on the band wagon. The face of online advertising is changing, pay-per-click search engines (such as google and yahoo) will no longer be as important. Why? I'll tell you.

The Power of Social Networking!

I recently found myself doing a search on a specific company on google. When the results pages came back I found myself skipping "sponsored ads" and company website links all together.

What was I looking for?

I wanted to find sites of regular folk who had a "run-in" or "personal experience" with the company I was searching. I wanted to read about their experience, see how they rated the company. I found discussion boards, blogs, facebook notes, myspace stories, even twitter tweets. All providing information on the company, products and customer service - from the honest average Joe with NO connection to the company. Or so I thought!

But, those online advertisers are on the ball! They recognized the power of social networking and developed a way to benefit from them. How? Pay-Per-Posts! That's right! Paying bloggers to "review" sites and products on their blogs, in their facebook profiles and even in their tweets!

Blogging for profit - what a nice idea for the future of online advertisers and social networkers.

Bloggers interested can sign up here - Who ever said talk was cheap?

No comments:

E-How Articles


How to Videos & Articles: eHow.com