Jan 10, 2009

2009 Mobile Phone Browsing

I have been spending some time reading up on what people forecast for internet use in 2009 and found some interesting things.

One thing I kept seeing was that everyone predicts a large increase of mobile phone browsing and using phones to make online purchases.

I guess I just always assumed my site was fine for mobile phone use until I started reading more about it. I did a search on google and found a excellent blog CLICKNEWZ which gave me the great free resource for creating your own mobile ready site.

Within 30 Minutes I had created a fully Mobile friendly site. It even re-directs any PC, laptop or mac users to my .com instead of my new free Mobi address www.viewithere.param.mobi but makes sure all phone inquiries go to the mobi pages (pretty darned neat for a free service).

It allows me to add paypal buttons relatively easy (although don't try to add any options -1). It includes a tracker so I can see how many phone users are really surfing my site. I'll be interested in seeing if 2009 is really the age of the Mobile phone, if it is I may even cave and buy myself a blackberry!

OH DID I MENTION THIS WAS TOTALLY FREE and there are NO ads!!!


No comments:

E-How Articles


How to Videos & Articles: eHow.com